Canada is a country that currently welcomes international students and workers to further bolster its growing economy. There are several government-sponsored and privately-sponsored scholarship programs for international students such as those offered for undergraduates at the Farleigh Dickinson University in Vancouver.
The scholarships can amount from 2,700 to 13,000 US dollars per academic year for qualified international undergrads. In a nutshell, here are the guidelines to be followed to become eligible for the program.
- Scholarship will be awarded to talented applicants with a secondary school GPA of 3 and above and a TOEFL score of 550.
- Students who have successfully taken Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and American College Test (ACT) are eligible for higher scholarships.
- Application will be considered for any non-US citizen worldwide. US citizens who live outside the US are also eligible.
- Scholarship fund amounts for academically talented students may vary but should be enough to cover the costs of attendance.
- Not everyone will be granted full-tuition scholarships so it’s important for scholarship applicants to be well-funded.
- Priority consideration will be given to early applicants.
- Only full-time students will be awarded scholarships.
- Notification will be sent to applicant upon admission.
- Successful academic performance is required for scholarship renewal.
- Scholarship is non transferrable. The award may not be used in another institution.
- English proficiency tests are not required for applicants from Bermuda, Bahamas, UK, New Zealand, Ireland and Australia.
Requirements for Farleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Global Scholars Scholarship
- Student must complete and submit the Global Scholars Application form along with current secondary or collegiate transcripts as well as two letters of recommendation.
- Student must compose a letter describing an interest in promotion or involvement with regards to issues of global importance and world citizenship.
- English test proficiency results
- Official ACT and SAT scores for higher awards