A total of one thousand five hundred (1,500) student applicants will benefit from the 2016/17 Chevening Scholarships in United Kingdom (UK) this year. Application is open for Africans and Scholars from Developing Countries. Apply now!
Brief description: The Chevening Secretariat is accepting applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships from 3 August until 3 November 2015 for graduates from developing countries. In just a few weeks’ time, approxiamtely 1,500 dynamic future leaders from all over the world, and from all professional backgrounds, will arrive in the UK to start a life-changing year studying and discovering the UK as a Chevening Scholar. This time next year, this really could be you, and the first step to being awarded a prestigious Chevening Scholarship is to apply.
Eligible Fields of Study
Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
Scholarship Offered Since: 1983
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016
Number of Scholarship: 1,500
Value of Scholarship: A full Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
- payment of tuition fees;
- travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- an arrival allowance;
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- an excess baggage allowance;
- the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Duration of Scholarship: One year
Eligible African Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): UK Universities
Application Deadline: opens on 3 August 2015 to close on 3 November 2015
Offered annually? yes
How can I Apply?
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship, you must complete and submit an online eChevening application form. Visit scholarship webpage for details.
Chevening Scholarships are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), with further contributions from universities and other partners in the UK and overseas, including governmental and private sector bodies.
Important Notes: The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.